Home Photography Writing About

8.6.10

The Answer

The answer is

violin

because I purchased one just over a week ago and have had one lesson already. I've wanted to play violin for a fairly long time. My friend in high school had one and I would tinker with it whenever I could. I play piano (sadly my keyboard is in the states, I don't want it to break if I ship it), I played trumpet for 6 or 7 years when I was little, and I also play guitar. So we're adding violin to the repertoire. I'm having a lot of fun with it, even just a couple of weeks in. Here's a video of a talented pianist for you, Jon Schmidt. He arranged this song from two pop songs for his daughter. I can't embed the video here but just click this link.

6 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

Wow, aren't you a talented woman! I love violin. I've always wished I could have learned. I learned piano for about five years when I was a kid, and have been playing guitar since twelve. Self taught though, so don't expect me to know what notes I'm playing! ;-)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I have family members like you. Playing so many instruments, with music a huge part of their lives. Me? I enjoy listening!

Andrea Krummel said...

i am so jealous that you are learning to play! i think it is one of the most beautiful instruments. actually i think strings are my favorites, especially the cello. god i would loooove to learn to play the cello...

good luck on the lessons!

Hanna C. Howard said...

You are a Renaissance Woman. I love violins. I wish one would just follow me around everywhere. My brother is one of those talented music gurus who can just pick up an instrument and learn. It's disgusting. :)

Stina said...

Yay, I was right. Good luck with learning to play the violin. It's one of my fav instruments . . . not that I can play it.

My Owl Barn said...

You sound like a very talented woman. I love violin. I don't know how to play it but certainly enjoy listening. Have a great day!