Home Photography Writing About

29.11.11

Drabble Dienstag - What She Wants

I want to use my drabbles as a way to stretch myself when it comes to writing; try things I don't normally do. This time I'm attempting present tense. I found it rather hard because I just wanted to keep repeating the same verb. I was thinking too hard and should do more present tense just to force it to become habit, the way past is for me. Let me know what you think, or give me a prompt in the comments. Thanks!

There’s nothing to be done about it. She wants it now. What she wants, she usually doesn’t get. But this time it will happen. She stands in front of a shop window, gazing at pretty shoes. It’s not the shoes she wants, but something more substantial, something that really means something. It’s all her constant need for attention. This need to be the fulcrum of the see-saw, the pivot point of the wheel. She walks away from the shop. Out in the world are the things she needs, and she is going to get them, no matter what it takes.