Home Photography Writing About

5.7.11

Querying, Writing, Writing, Waiting

I'm querying my first novel. I've sent only three queries so far, but I have one rejection. I'm so elated with the query process right now that I'm actually happy to have a rejection because it means someone looked at my stuff! So when I post a few months down the road and am continuing to get rejections that just depress me, please remind me of this high feeling I had today.

I'm also working on two projects. Continuing along with my singularity idea and starting another literary novel about a girl who is constantly reaching for dreams but every time she gets one they just fall apart. It's still in the baby stages and fairly fragile so I am handling with care.

The singularity novel is blossoming. It's become something I did not expect. In order to begin a story I need to know the ending, but I usually only know a few scenes in the middle to get me to that ending, then I just let the story run. Well this one has gone some strange places. It's becoming more action than I'm used to writing. It's refreshing and difficult.

4 comments:

Lisa Nowak said...

Good luck with your querying. :) You've got a great attitude about the process. Just by taking that plunge you're already ahead of a lot of people who are afraid to.

Christine Danek said...

Good luck querying. Hopefully, I'll be there (in the trenches) soon. We'll see.
Hope you are well.

Bubbe said...

I am very proud of you, the stepping out that you are doing for yourself. You are very courageous! You have the makings of a hero.
love,
mom

Andrea Krummel said...

that's a good way of looking at it :)