Home Photography Writing About

25.12.12

Classics Challenge

Of all the goals I attempted to complete this year, I wanted to read more classic books. I typically pick one up every few modern books. So I decided to join in on a challenge to read seven classics. I got through four of them. This is my wrap up:


My list:
These have all been on the list for a while now:
Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

 This one sounds very interesting, which usually classic books don't, lol:
Middlemarch by George Eliot

And one reread because I think I was too young and didn't understand it:
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

And my blog posts on the books I managed to read:
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Great Expectations
Gulliver's Travels

I plan to read Pride and Prejudice this January because it is the 200th anniversary of publication (and I just want the pleasure of rereading it). But I will definitely keep these other three on my list for this year.