Home Photography Writing About

17.4.12

Torturing Myself Because I Refuse to Put the Book Down

I read. A lot. I think in all the books I have read in my life I have put two, maybe three, of them down without finishing them. (That includes boring history books.) I have this issue with not finishing.

But usually when I'm reading a book I don't really like, I have this constant stream of thought in my head while I'm reading. Why am I doing this what is the point this book is silly I'm wasting my time shouldn't I move on to something better but what about this book am I giving it the benefit of the doubt should I just keep reading maybe the next page is better maybe the next chapter is better oh this is hopeless. In other words, I'm not really reading but forcing my eyes to skim over every word so I give the book its due.

Anybody else have this problem?

Should I just learn to put a book down when I'm not enjoying it?