Home Photography Writing About

30.1.11

Books Read in 2010

Starting with the first books I read this year and plowing through to the end. I won't bore you with the whole list at once. I rate on a scale of 1-5.

Graceling by Kristin Cashore - 3
Good but I don't quite remember it, so either it was a really fast read and I breezed through, or it was not significant enough for me to remember. I would reread it though.

Fire by Kristin Cashore - 3
I liked this one better. Now I can't wait for the third.

The Magicians by Lev Grossman - 2
Strange. Good, but strange. Seemed to mix fantasy with literature...strange.

Zoe by Dirk Wittenborn - 2
About a model. Not my thing.

Dune by Frank Herbert - 4
My first experience of this. Wow.

Hopeful Monsters by Nicholas Mosley - 2
Long, long, interesting, but long.

Culture Smart Germany by Barry Tomalin - 4
Wonderful short snippet on how German culture works and why. Really helped me understand better.

The Other Hand by Chris Cleave - 3
Took a while to get interesting, but man is the end surprising.

Marie Antoinette The Journey by Antonia Fraser - 4
I love a history book that doesn't bore me.

Teach Yourself German
Can't really rate this. It probably shouldn't be included in my book count, but it is a book, and I read all the way through it!

No comments: